The Women’s Collective is an autonomous group, open to all female identifying Swinburne students, run by Swinburne Student Union (SSU).
In 2014 we will be running fortnightly meetings, working together on running relevant campaigns for collective members, and hosting fun events on campus (as well as keeping you up to date on great open events that other universities are hosting). Other than providing you the opportunity to meet, greet and socialise, the Women’s Collective is also here to ensure that as a woman, your time on campus is safe and enjoyable.
The SSU Women’s Collective is here to:
• Advocate for and represent ALL women/female identifying students at Swinburne
• Provide a safe, autonomous environment for women/female identifying students that is free from all judgement
• Provide opportunities in skill sharing and networking
• Campaign for gender equality in all areas
• Increase awareness of issues that face women attending university, and
• Campaign against sexism on campus, in classrooms and in course materials