The SSU Education Board is looking for some students across every faculty and study area of Swinburne University to apply to be a student faculty representative.
Download the 2015 Education Board Faculty Position Description.
- Faculty of Business and Law;
- Faculty of Health, Arts, and Design;
- Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Technology;
- Department of Foundation and Pathways;
- Department of Design, Media, and ICT;
- Department of Business and Finance;
- Department of Health, Science, Education, and Social Services;
- Department of Trades and Engineering Technology;
- Swinburne Online;
- National Institute of Performing Arts;
- Universities Australia – Swinburne (Online).
Term of Office: 1st of January to the 31st of December of 2015.
Role of Faculty Representatives
The role of a Faculty Representative is to provide faculty specific student perspectives to the Swinburne Student Union Education Board. This will include talking to other students within the faculty to understand general issues, as well as communicating with staff.
Key Responsibilities of Faculty Representatives
- To be at all times familiar with and abide by the SSU Constitution, Regulations, and Policies;
- To report back to the SSU Education Board on issues within their faculty;
- To attend all Boards and Committees to which they are appointed;
- To represent and speak in the best interest of students within their faculties on all boards and committees;
- To communicate to students within their faculty in relation to faculty matters, the Student Union, and the Education Board.
How to apply
Expressions of interests can be lodged online via web application http://www.ssu.org.au/edu-apply.
Applications close Tuesday 14th April.
Download the 2015 Education Board Faculty Position Description