Advocacy & Student Campaigns
The SSU are always at the forefront of advocating and fighting for students rights. Recent campaigns from SSU are
- Extension of census date in light of COVID-19 and all classes moving online
- Increases to Youth Allowance and Newstart payments and reduction in eligibility critea
- Government support for International support in light of COVID-19
- For Swinburne to continue to pay casual and sessional staff members during the COVID-19 crisis
- Ensuring student advice and input within Respect Now Always Committee
- Supporting student centred learning experienced via the Canvass Education Reference Group
- Providing student Insights, advocacy & training surrounding the Swinburne Exam Services
- Providing shared leadership & direction surrounding the university Be a Better Human campaign
- Shared leadership & direction Pride @ Swinburne
- Advice and input within the University’s academic integrity workgroup
- Insight, advocacy, governance within the Swinburne Orientation & Transition Committee
The SSU are offering Swinburne students the ability to utilise Zoom to conduct club meetings, events and activities during your time online.
We understand the importance of maintaining contact with your peers and your club members, which is why we are opening up bookings for our Zoom Pro account, which allows hosting of up to 100 participants.
Book our Zoom here.
Free & Discount Printing Services
The Printing service is located at level 4 of the UN Building, Hawthorn Campus and provides SSU members with 20 pages of free printing each day, as well as the cheapest printing on campus!
Free Daily Breakfast
The Union provides free breakfast to students on every academic day of the year between 8 and 10am. Breakfast provided includes Tea, Coffee, a range of Cereals, and Toast with a variety of Spreads.
Come out every Wednesday of semester for the Unions weekly BBQ! Free snags for members, $2 for non-members.
Look out for our on-campus events, run all year round, such as R U Ok? Day, Health & Wellbeing Week, and Stress Less Week. These normally take place in various locations on Campus, and will be promoted on our Facebook page: keep up to date at facebook.com/swinburneunion.
Exam Help Stall
The exam help stall run by the Education Department with the support of our volunteers. It exists to provide essential stationary and calculators to students on site at the Etihad Stadium exam rooms.
The SSU print Swinburne’s only student diary, provided free to all students!! Pick up yours from our Hawthorn Office, the Croydon Cafe or Student HQ Wantirna
Welfare on Wheels
Welfare on Wheels is a service provided by the SSU Welfare Department, providing free snacks and drinks to all students on Levels 3 and 1 (when it opens) of the Hawthorn campus library.
This service runs Tuesday weekly from 4:30pm during semester, and expanded to the same time on Thursday between Week 10 and the start of exams.