Swinburne Student Survival Guide
How do you travel around Australia as a student?
Even if some people do not believe it, college and university students are just as busy as people who work 9 to 5 every Monday through Friday, and sometimes a little getaway can help with regaining yourself before the semester begins. Travelling is one thing, but money is another when it comes to being a student. So, I've listed a few things I'm familiar with and have heard of in the hopes that your plans will make it out of the chat!
Things you could do as a student to travel around Australia:
- Cook for yourself
- Know your budget
- Uber CarShare for car rental
- Stay in a shared dorm room
- StudentUniverse: Cheap Travel for cheap flights
- Klook Travel for best travel deals and cheap holidays
- Booking your flight tickets could cost as little as $100 if you pre-book them earlier.
- Use cash instead of credit cards because you'll know how much you've spent and you'll sometimes get discounts for paying in cash at other places.
- Look at suburbs that are only an hour or two away from the city by bus or train:
- Philip Island Tour
- Puffing Billy Railway
- Peninsula Hot Springs
- Mount Buller Snow One Day Tour
- Wilsons Promontory Wildlife Cruise
- Cherry Picking at CherryHill Orchards
- Yarra Valley Wine Experience Day Tour
- Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles One Day Tour
Listen to studying abroad on a podcast called Life in General with Vanessa Chim, an international student from Swinburne.