Hammer & Swine
Swinburne Student Union’s Hammer & Swine is the only fully licenced bar operating within the Hawthorn Campus precinct.
Incorporating a relaxed lounge-style layout, but also offering the best local outdoor rooftop garden, the Hammer & Swine is the perfect location to unwind between classes, to meet up with friends, to kick-start a group-project, or simply be entertained by one of the regular social-parties and themed event evenings throughout the year.
The Hammer and Swine is a must visit on-campus location for students, parents, staff and visitors alike.
The Hammer and Swine also can cater for private functions and events, can accommodate large group meetings and forums, and regularly hosts events including Trivia and Stand-Up Comedy Nights, local band performances, cultural celebrations and events, as well as screenings of movies and sporting events.
Standard Operating Hours
Tuesday: 2PM - 8PM
Wednesday: 2PM - 8PM
Thursday: 2PM - 11PM
Friday: 2PM - 8PM
With extended hours available by application for special events and functions.
Looking to book the H&S?
Find our entire standard menu, cocktail list, member prices and catering menu below:
Clubs, Welcome to Swinburne Student Union’s Hammer & Swine, the only fully licensed bar operating within the Hawthorn Campus precinct.
Steps for Clubs booking events in the Hammer & Swine
- Complete the Booking Form with as much information as possible.
- Once received, the Hammer & Swine team will be in contact to finalize the details and provide a formal quote for your event
- This quote must then be approved at a minuted Club meeting to ensure Swinburne Student Life can provide funds for the event
- Once the Club meeting has finished, complete a formal request for funding on the Student Life website
- Once Student Life have approved the funding they will inform the Hammer & Swine who will be in contact with you to confirm your event
- Most importantly: Have fun at your event!
NB- If your event requires a temporary licence, the Hammer & Swine will need at least 5 weeks notice of approval of funding to apply for the temporary licence.
Standard operating hours include:
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday||TBD|
Extended hours are available by application for special events and functions.
Please Note that booking inquiries should be made 2-3 weeks in advance to ensure the availability of